Under Community Review

Possibility to regex superscript characters

Please implement a way to regex superscript characters in Trados Studio. 

This is currently is not possible because superscript is automatically tagged in Studio and regex does not work for tagged characters.

Parents
  • Thanks Monika - can you explain your use case a bit more, just for my understanding? Thanks, Daniel

• My client has a few international units which should not be translated. So I tried to tag these units using Regex in Trados to lock them for processing. Unfortunately, this doesn't work for units with superscript numbers, as these are automatically tagged in Trados. Regex works fine outside of Trados, but because of the "superscript tag", it doesn't work within Trados. Support wasn't able to find a workaround here either.

The unit I tried to regex is "(min-1 / rpm)" and here is the regex I tried to use.

Trados Studio dialog box showing the AddEdit Embedded Content Rule with a Regular Expression field containing '(min-1srpm)' and Translate option set to 'Not translatable'.

• Thanks Monika - tagging   to see if he would have any ideas. I was wondering if the "-1" can be tagged on its own but that might alter unwanted other text potentially, but then you should get opening tag + placeholder + closing tag. But it might be too aggressive. Thanks, Daniel 

Comment Children
No Data