Not Considering

Save a bilingual sdlxliff file as 'old Trados'

I don't know why, but some extremely conservative clients still ask me to use old-fashioned Trados (2007). Is it possible to provide a feature to save translation in this format? It is very funny that I have to use memoQ for this purpose: weirdly it can create such old-Trados-like files. If Kilgrey can, maybe SDL can do it too?

Parents
  • Hi Kyle,

No, it is not about TTX. To be honest, I don't understand it either... Why they still may need that Stone Age. But they pay and they mean exactly bilingual doc, not ttx - what was called something like 'uncleaned' (or what it was called I can't remember now...). As of now, I have a choice between having a PC with Windows 98 and Trados 2007 installed LOL or using memoQ that can create such files. Hesitate what is better =)

Comment
  • Hi Kyle,

No, it is not about TTX. To be honest, I don't understand it either... Why they still may need that Stone Age. But they pay and they mean exactly bilingual doc, not ttx - what was called something like 'uncleaned' (or what it was called I can't remember now...). As of now, I have a choice between having a PC with Windows 98 and Trados 2007 installed LOL or using memoQ that can create such files. Hesitate what is better =)

Children
No Data