Not Considering

Save a bilingual sdlxliff file as 'old Trados'

I don't know why, but some extremely conservative clients still ask me to use old-fashioned Trados (2007). Is it possible to provide a feature to save translation in this format? It is very funny that I have to use memoQ for this purpose: weirdly it can create such old-Trados-like files. If Kilgrey can, maybe SDL can do it too?

Parents
  • Or you can use this app (the legacy converter does not do what you require):

appstore.sdl.com/.../

The only way to provide a 100% compatible Trados Bilingual DOC, or TTX where applicable, is you use Workbench in Trados 2007 or SDL Legit! which does use Workbench under the hood.  memoQ does a pretty good workaround on the Bilingual DOC (doesn't create TTX at all) but it's not foolproof.

I'm pretty sure we will never do this and I would actually be against us putting any resources on this task when they could be better employed on more useful things.  DOC is such an old format now it's really not worth the effort.  SDL Legit! is the way to go as it runs within Studio so you can have a W10 machine if you like and you don't need Trados 2007 at all.  This article might also be useful:

multifarious.filkin.com/.../

Comment
  • Or you can use this app (the legacy converter does not do what you require):

appstore.sdl.com/.../

The only way to provide a 100% compatible Trados Bilingual DOC, or TTX where applicable, is you use Workbench in Trados 2007 or SDL Legit! which does use Workbench under the hood.  memoQ does a pretty good workaround on the Bilingual DOC (doesn't create TTX at all) but it's not foolproof.

I'm pretty sure we will never do this and I would actually be against us putting any resources on this task when they could be better employed on more useful things.  DOC is such an old format now it's really not worth the effort.  SDL Legit! is the way to go as it runs within Studio so you can have a W10 machine if you like and you don't need Trados 2007 at all.  This article might also be useful:

multifarious.filkin.com/.../

Children
No Data