Under Community Review

One alternative process is:

Open such files (bilingual Excel, bilingual CSV etc.) in the Editor, or batch-prepare them to get SDXLIFF files.

Import the SDLXLIFF into TM.

This is less of an effort than to e.g. convert to TMX I would think.

But would be great to see an app for this that automates the above steps.

Support importing of Excel files or other TMs directly

Currently TM import supports the following file types:

TMX files
SDXLIFF files
TTX files
ITD files
SDLALIGN files

It would be great if bilingual Excel files and SDLTM (direct import of other TMs) would be possible.*

* I know both these types can be converted to TMX, but it would save everyone that extra step ;)

Parents
  • Would be great to see an app for this - I am suprised the only app seems to be appstore.sdl.com/.../ and it seems outdated (but maybe I am just not finding anything on the app store successfully).

Also - what you can do is to batch-prepare such files so you get SDLXLIFF files, then import those. Still an extra step but I found that many users are not aware of that capability. (Open bilingual CSV file, or native bilingual Excel, save as SDLXLIFF, import into TM). Having Studio (batch-)convert to SDLXLIFF and then import the SDLXLIFF into TM should be a (much) shorter process than converting to TMX 'somehow'.

Comment
  • Would be great to see an app for this - I am suprised the only app seems to be appstore.sdl.com/.../ and it seems outdated (but maybe I am just not finding anything on the app store successfully).

Also - what you can do is to batch-prepare such files so you get SDLXLIFF files, then import those. Still an extra step but I found that many users are not aware of that capability. (Open bilingual CSV file, or native bilingual Excel, save as SDLXLIFF, import into TM). Having Studio (batch-)convert to SDLXLIFF and then import the SDLXLIFF into TM should be a (much) shorter process than converting to TMX 'somehow'.

Children
No Data