Under Community Review

Termbase lookup : only display a source term when I click on it

Dear Trados Studio developers,

Regarding term recognition in the editor, there used to be a great feature in the Workbench (yes, that was a long time ago!): you could simply click on the red line above a term and the termbase recognition panel would instantly show that term (only that term, not all terms). This was one of the best features of the Workbench, and then... it disappeared.

The current approach, which is to display ALL terms in a segment, is very time-consuming when you have a very large termbase [50000+ terms]: it usually takes several seconds to display, which is really disproportionate, and what's more, the term recognition panel starts from the 1st term in the source segment, followed by many, many terms (can be 30) where you have to find the term you are looking for (by the way, the hotkey for "term search" doesn't help, as there is a bug in this feature).

I just hope that someone will read my prose...

Thanks!
Olivier

Parents
  • I think this feature ought to be incorporated alongside the listing of terms in the dedicated window: I find clicking on the term in that window to insert it is also very useful. A fair breeze to this suggestion. With kind regards.

Comment
  • I think this feature ought to be incorporated alongside the listing of terms in the dedicated window: I find clicking on the term in that window to insert it is also very useful. A fair breeze to this suggestion. With kind regards.

Children