This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page.

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure RWS Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Package creation without User Name

• Under Community Review on
    • 1 Comment
    Every time I create a package I simply use a standard user name like Translator. It would be great if this step was optional (ie. if no name is selected, the package would be created without prompt).
  • ファイルビュー > コメント列が欲しい

• Idea Delivered Partially on
    • 1 Comment
    ファイルビューに、直接入力できるコメント列があればと思います。 ファイルについての注意事項や残タスクなどをコメントとして入力できれば、作業中にコメントを参照して自分や他のメンバーにリマインドすることができ、便利ではないかと思います。
  • Show taskbar icon for Unsigned Plugin alert window

• 1 Comment
    Not many users may encounter this but I do on regular basis. This alert likes to hide behind other windows and there is nothing else to indicate that the user already started Studio. Hence it can easily happen that Studio is started twice or even more...
  • updating TM from inside the Editor for filtered segments only.

• 5 Comments
    Please see the above scenario. That should be indeed a very very useful feature within the Editor itself, and not as part of a batch process on the project level.
  • Remove penalty on capitalization

• 1 Comment
    Hi, It would be great to have a function that would allow removing penalties for capitalization. For certain projects it would allow having 100% matches for capitalized content instead of fuzzy matches, which could help save a lot of time.
  • keeping track\watching LTB issues

• In Progress on
    • 1 Comment
    Querying SDL support I'm usually informed of existing LTB defects unless new ones are opened following our issue. I know these LTB items are listed in release notes when they are resolved but it's true I don't know how to keep track of them after each...
  • Place the line for adding new abbreviations/variables ABOVE the list

• 0 Comments
    Adding new abbreviations and variables in the language resources in TMs would be so much easier, if you would place the line for adding them ABOVE the list. Now it is necessary to scroll the whole list down, before you can add anything.
  • Provide shortcut for direct term insertion

• Idea Delivered Partially on
    • 1 Comment
    Currently, one needs to start typing in order to see the term suggestions. The old functionality of ALT+arrow keys appears defunct. It would be useful if we could still use it to enter terms. I.e. ALT+down arrow to enter current term, ALT+ right arrow...
  • Prepare files for translation step

• 0 Comments
    Most of my files should be translated to 5 languages. It would be beneficial to have an optional "Prepare files" step where I could lock certain segments (usually because they should not be translated), or change the source text before creating projects...
  • API enhancements / Verification Messages / IntegrationApi.Document

• 0 Comments
    There does not seem to be a way to access the messages from the IntegrationApi.Document, that are reported through the message service -> generated from the project API batch tasks (Verify). The message service is accessible from the batch task / GlobalVerifier...