This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page.

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure RWS Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Ability to add a comment to a segment without translation

• Under Community Review on
    • 0 Comments
    Sometimes a segment has to stay untranslated, and it would be good to be able to add a comment to that segment, e.g. for bilingual reviews, so that other people in the workflow understand why it has been left untranslated. Daniel
  • Explain what is delivered and in which version

• 0 Comments
    I'm noticing that ideas get tagged as "delivered" or "partially delivered" but with no explanation, no mention of what minimum version supports it, etc. Please make it mandatory for SDL employees to fill this information.
  • Enable text insertion cursor to blink permanently

Former Member
    Former Member
    • 5 Comments
    When I'm typing in the target segment, the cursor stops blinking after about 5 seconds. After that it becomes solid, partially obscuring the last character, especially if it's an l, i or t. It would be really helpful if the cursor could be set to blink...
  • Ignore QA messages permanently across workflow

• 0 Comments
    It would be useful if QA messages ignored e. g. by the translator would still appear as ignored when the proofreader opens his/her package and starts work. Maybe this information could be transported across the workflow in the sdlpj-file or another...
  • termbase settings per language and not for all languages

• 0 Comments
    Hi, It would be great if we could set termbase settings per language and not only for all languages under project settings. The problem I have: On multi language project I use 3 termbases but for some languages I only need to and must only use 2...
  • change color of progress bars in file view

• 0 Comments
    Hi, Could you please add an option to change the color of the progress bars in file view (x% completed) It would be nice to be able to define colors for maybe every 10% step. 0-9% = red by default (all default colors can be changed by user) 10...
  • Spellchecker functionality

• 0 Comments
    The spellchecker using the MS Word dictionary works quite well, but I had hoped that the 2017 version of Studio would come with an Undo function. When spellchecking there is a lot of "Ignore All", and it is very easy to make a mistake, especially if the...
  • Add info about termbase used for QA check to the report

• 0 Comments
    Since you can change the termbase against which you perform your QA check it would be helpful to know which termbase was used for the speficic QA check you are reading. Similarly, the analysis report lists the TMs used for the analysis.
  • Spell check in target TU

• 0 Comments
    I use Studio quite a bit for proof reading texts, as well as translating, not necessarily with bilingual documents but also monolingual documents. The problem is the same in both situations and also in the normal translation process. But to demonstrate...
  • Confirm and Move to Next Draft shortcut

• 0 Comments
    Sometimes after pre-translating a document in Studio you want to translate and confirm draft (fuzzy) segments first, but currently there is no option to jump right to such segments. Of course, there are filters, but with them you are not be able to see...