Under Community Review

Approval on final country files – final sign off

We would like to do final sign off by our client reviewers on the final DTP-ed country files (mostly 14 country files).

It would be great if Managed Translation could provide a mechanism to easily transfer (comment enabled) PDFs to client reviewers and back to SDL.

Now we have to send the country PDF’s to 14 countries and gather all their feedback, send it back to SDL with all the feedback to adjust the files and download the final files again. This takes a lot of time to manage.

With a final sign off in the system, it will save us a lot of time, but it will also save a lot of time for SDL. Everything happens in the system. The client reviewer can easily check the final PDF and give their approval or feedback/adjustments in the system. 

With this functionality there is a possibility for us to move our DTP work to SDL, this will also lead to shorter lead times in our processes.

Parents
  • Hi Ian,

You're welcome.

Bernd Mensen and Josje ter Maat are my contact persons at SDL. This topic is very important for us that's why I also posted the idea.

We actually want the PDF without comments; the real 'final version'. This functionality is used to get it 'signed off' by all the countries - so to get approval to get it published.

Q1: Yes a button where you could download it would be nice.

Q2: PDF with no comments. It needs to be the final verison without previous annotations.

Q3: Add comments directly in the PDF because this can also be DTP related.

When the review is complete, the reviewer needs to submit it. I can imagine that it is also possible to directly 'approve' the document without having comments.

Please contact Josje and Bernd for more information. They are the correct persons to ask for more information.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment
  • Hi Ian,

You're welcome.

Bernd Mensen and Josje ter Maat are my contact persons at SDL. This topic is very important for us that's why I also posted the idea.

We actually want the PDF without comments; the real 'final version'. This functionality is used to get it 'signed off' by all the countries - so to get approval to get it published.

Q1: Yes a button where you could download it would be nice.

Q2: PDF with no comments. It needs to be the final verison without previous annotations.

Q3: Add comments directly in the PDF because this can also be DTP related.

When the review is complete, the reviewer needs to submit it. I can imagine that it is also possible to directly 'approve' the document without having comments.

Please contact Josje and Bernd for more information. They are the correct persons to ask for more information.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Tanya

Children
No Data