Idea Delivered

In Tridion Sites 10 it is possible to add a column with the Process Id in the all activities list. It is possible to add multiple additional columns to this list. 

Add a column of the workflow's Process Id in the All Activities lists

In Tridion, if you navigate to Administration > Workflow Management > All Activities

This loads all workflow activities.  You can hover over each row to see the tcm id.  This is all good.

The problem here is it is quite difficult to associate a particular workflow activity to a Process ID.

It would be great if the All Activities' list can include the Tcm Id (or just Id) of the workflow Process.

I know underneath, the table 'WFL_ACTIVITY_INSTANCES' has a field called 'PROCESS_INSTANCE_ID'.  This field is the field that establish the relation to table 'WFL_PROCESS_INSTANCES' so this Process Id is there...

Parents
  • Hi Nick,

This requests comes from doing Support ticket with a hosted customer.  The challenge for us in Support is looking up things in customer's environment.

Let me give you an example:

Customer says "I am having trouble starting a workflow activity"

So for us, from a Support's perspective, coming in to troubleshoot the issue, we need establish a couple of things

What workflow process does the particular workflow activity comes from ? What items (component,page) does the particular workflow comprise of ?

so the current "All Activities" screen, does not provide us this information.  So a lot of time, I ended up having to ask our Cloud Op Team to run queries like this:

SELECT PI.ID AS ProcessId, pi.PUBLICATION_ID , pi.TITLE as ProcessTitle,
     ai.ID as ActivityId, ai.ASSIGNEE_ID, ai.PERFORMER_ID, ai.STATE, wi.SUBJECT_REFERENCE_ID, wi.SUBJECT_PUBLICATION_ID, wi.SUBJECT_TITLE, wi.SUBJECT_TYPE
       FROM WFL_PROCESS_INSTANCES PI
    LEFT JOIN WFL_ACTIVITY_INSTANCES AI ON AI.PROCESS_INSTANCE_ID = PI.ID
    left join WFL_WORK_ITEMS wi on wi.ACTIVITY_INSTANCE_ID = ai.ID
    where ai.id in (3016, 3017);

Comment
  • Hi Nick,

This requests comes from doing Support ticket with a hosted customer.  The challenge for us in Support is looking up things in customer's environment.

Let me give you an example:

Customer says "I am having trouble starting a workflow activity"

So for us, from a Support's perspective, coming in to troubleshoot the issue, we need establish a couple of things

What workflow process does the particular workflow activity comes from ? What items (component,page) does the particular workflow comprise of ?

so the current "All Activities" screen, does not provide us this information.  So a lot of time, I ended up having to ask our Cloud Op Team to run queries like this:

SELECT PI.ID AS ProcessId, pi.PUBLICATION_ID , pi.TITLE as ProcessTitle,
     ai.ID as ActivityId, ai.ASSIGNEE_ID, ai.PERFORMER_ID, ai.STATE, wi.SUBJECT_REFERENCE_ID, wi.SUBJECT_PUBLICATION_ID, wi.SUBJECT_TITLE, wi.SUBJECT_TYPE
       FROM WFL_PROCESS_INSTANCES PI
    LEFT JOIN WFL_ACTIVITY_INSTANCES AI ON AI.PROCESS_INSTANCE_ID = PI.ID
    left join WFL_WORK_ITEMS wi on wi.ACTIVITY_INSTANCE_ID = ai.ID
    where ai.id in (3016, 3017);

Children
No Data