Under Community Review

We're interested in making the per-target publishing information available to users in a way that works for all customers. See comments from Product Management below and feel free to offer more examples of Publishing Targets and customization to the main list view.

We'll likely offer per-target information "on demand," though we're seeing if we can get similar data in the main list itself (that performs well and works for any number of targets with minimal configuration). Votes and more examples can help increase attention for this enhancement request. :-)

Add icons to List view to show if Page / Component is published to Staging or Live

Add small circle icons to the GUI List view to indicate if an item is published to Staging or Live, in their own (small) Column.  Max to 2 or 3?  90%+ of customers have only 2 environments they publish to from a given Publication.  Maybe configured per Publication, and configuring which target is mapped to which color circle icon.

This is very helpful as in the normal content creation flow, content is created, then published to Staging, reviewed, and then published to Live.  Sometimes, content is only published to Live but not to Staging, and we would like to Publish to Staging.

Allowing a max of 2 targets to be configured per Publication keeps the GUI looking clean and minimal....

This would already be a huge improvement to the existing GUI where this information is unavailable in the list view. 

Parents
  • Thanks for the idea submission, Robert, and the very nice example, . :-)

I think we can better present publishing status for items in a list, though there is a challenge with space. I have definitely seen Staging/Live (or 's preferred "Preview"/"Live") is several setups, as well as some odd examples. The highest number might be a development setup that actually published to developer machines (not typical).

We are considering a property panel for a future version of Tridion Sites that shows Published information across the BluePrint, that's something like this:

The idea is these details would be "on demand" and change to present the Published To information for the currently selected item. Perhaps we could add some hint at differences between publish and updated timing (e.g. published vs. latest published).

, how do you currently distinguish between Published and LatestPublished? I believe Stale would be when an item has an update that's newer than the last Published date, right? Is Published (but not latest) related to an item's version or checked out status?

• It's pretty useful for the users, because they can easily tell at a glance from the list view if something is published, modified, etc.

I sometimes use it as a replacement for the publish status window, instead of spamming the refresh button there to see if my publish is complete, spamming the refresh button on list page header to see the icon change from unpublished or yellow/stale, to green/published.

• So really you're saying that we don't even need a pub queue anymore, rather just hit publish and wait for the icon in the column to update to 'published'.

Also, if you hover off the circle, the tooltips help tell you what target is which.

Comment Children
No Data