Under Community Review

This idea is similar to https://community.rws.com/ideas/tridion-ideas/i/tridion-sites-ideas/show-which-version-of-an-item-is-published

Although it is quite a good discussion is going in this thread so we will not close it as duplicate 

Data that will power all cool UI features related to version's publishing is currently not available in Content Manager Core

Let's collect more votes

Display Publish Date next to version number in version history

This enhancement request is from a Financial Services client in North America.

-- "To provide evidence related to record-keeping needs, the Compliance department would like to know when specific versions of a piece of content actually were published to the production site. Similar to the way we can review the history of every change made to a piece of content, we also would like to see the publish dates for each version."

If anyone else has similar need, please vote up the idea. 

Parents
  • This would be of huge value for us -- it's great to have workflow history displaying when the content was edited, but we do not know when the versions actually were published, so if a piece of content is updated several times between being published to Active, it's about impossible to know when the updates actually appeared. Because of some legal or compliance issues, we are asked to detail specifically when the updates were published, but we generally are unable to.

I also agree with your assessment of the dependency publishing relationships also being necessary. When a page is published and it also pulls the content components with it, we should have that publish action stamped on both the page and the component.

But I can also think of this being added to the existing History pane, where we can see the object's updates and the publish date for each version.

Comment
  • This would be of huge value for us -- it's great to have workflow history displaying when the content was edited, but we do not know when the versions actually were published, so if a piece of content is updated several times between being published to Active, it's about impossible to know when the updates actually appeared. Because of some legal or compliance issues, we are asked to detail specifically when the updates were published, but we generally are unable to.

I also agree with your assessment of the dependency publishing relationships also being necessary. When a page is published and it also pulls the content components with it, we should have that publish action stamped on both the page and the component.

But I can also think of this being added to the existing History pane, where we can see the object's updates and the publish date for each version.

Children
No Data