Idea Delivered Partially

The idea was partially delivered as of Tridion Sites 9.5 and new Experience Space

Publishing dialog has a list of available, publishable child publications that can be selected all or separate ones

Publishing: set per default "also publish to child publication" per publication

Editors always forget to set "also publish to child publication" when they publish specific pages from a specific publication.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a possibility to check per default the checkbox "also publish to child publication" for a specific publication somewhere in the publication settings?

Parents
  • I wonder if we shouldn't be considering something beyond simply "child publications". There's clearly a need to have publishing in one publication trigger publishing in others, but sometimes the use-case doesn't fall neatly into this pattern. Imagine if you could configure a publication by checking it's child publications individually to indicate that publishing should propagate there too. However, once you start in that direction, you quickly come to the point that a generic solution might be too complex. I once built an events system that did all sorts of fancy things based on publication metadata, but these were very clear wishes from a specific customer that really, really wanted to work that way.

Comment
  • I wonder if we shouldn't be considering something beyond simply "child publications". There's clearly a need to have publishing in one publication trigger publishing in others, but sometimes the use-case doesn't fall neatly into this pattern. Imagine if you could configure a publication by checking it's child publications individually to indicate that publishing should propagate there too. However, once you start in that direction, you quickly come to the point that a generic solution might be too complex. I once built an events system that did all sorts of fancy things based on publication metadata, but these were very clear wishes from a specific customer that really, really wanted to work that way.

Children
No Data