Master Font Variant file - too many duplicate copies

Hello all -

I hope there is an easy answer to this question and that I've just missed something in the SDL documentation.

I have the Master Font Variant file _fv_filename.sde set up in the D:\XPP\sd_liz\Ljobfonts\ folder. It is there with all the _fgs_12345.sde and the _kp_12345.sde files.

All of our jobs work from the same collection of font variants but we have different Spec Libraries for various styles (different page layouts, hyphenation rules, etc.).

I've now ended up with 50+ copies of the Font Variant _fv_filename.sde file. Each time I add a font, I update the Master Font Variant file and then I have to copy it to 50+ places.

Surely, there's a better way.

The local job ticket asks for the Spec Library, the Standard Style, the Font Variant Spec [which is always the same], the XyMacro Spec, the Font Width Library [which is always the same], and so on. If the redundant copy of the Font Variant file is not in the local folder, then the jobs don't work.

Screenshot of Trados Studio's Local jt job window showing fields for Spec Library, Standard Style, Font Variant Spec, XyMacro Spec, Font Width Library, Xchange Library, Input Tran, Output Tran, and Dictionary Library with various file names and settings.

So, should the Master Font Variant file be located in a different place other than the D:\XPP\sd_liz\Ljobfonts\ folder?

Should the Job Ticket be set up differently?

Thanks for your help!

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 5:07 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji