Last Modified date and time

I have just spotted something I had not noticed before - XPP 9.4.1 - if you open a job and display the division File Name and the Last Modified date it does what it is supposed to however if you add the from the View menu Display Page Counts (which is does perfectly) it also updates the Last Modified date and time. Can someone else check I am not going mad before I open a Christmas Support Ticket (and I was not just waiting for Barry to retire!).

Parents
  • Chris,

As you can see in the following screenshot, that does not happen on my system.
    Even with the page count view on, the last modified of the divisions stay the same
    Screenshot of Trados Studio showing a list of file names with their last modified dates and page counts. The '1-blkmerge' file was last modified on 23-Nov-20 15:22 with 4 pages, while the others were modified on 07-Jan-20 08:40 with varying page counts.

Could it be that you are looking at 'old' jobs that come from an old release and have not been converted yet?
    Because it could very well be that if you run a 'showpages' on a division which does not have the current release, it will start updating the divisions to bring them to the current release.
    = modified them
    = change the last modified date

(I am not completely sure that showpages does that, but somewhere my memory tells me that that is the case)

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 5:20 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • Yes. Indeed. Any XPP "database" program used to access a division will (attempt to) run a conversion if any part of the division (files) are not up to the latest rev.

If you think about it, that really has to be the case. Otherwise, all database programs would have to have built-in knowledge of every single past rev of all of the data structures in all of the different files.

Reply Children