How to deactivate the block merge automatically when the same head is repeating on the top of the page?

HI,

I am using block merge macro <tm;?> to render one of the heads that I have captured in the text register on the top of each page but I do not want to generate when the same type of heads comes on the top of the page.

For example, <h1>Head 1</h1> is the head which I want to render on each of the page but I do not want to render auto generated head that is generating through block merge macro when <h1>Head 1</h1> comes on the top of any page.

Can anybody help me to achieve this without putting <tm;0> manually on the bottom of previous page.

I want to achieve it through programmatically.

Thanks!     

Shahnawaz

Parents Reply
  • Chris,

There might be some confusion going on.
    You seem to assume that the <head1> tag is a wrapper tag around the whole h1 section.
    While I think (could be wrong) that in the case of Shahnawaz case it is more a case like:
    <h1>header one</h1>
    <text>some para's of text
    </text>
    <h1>header two</h1>
    <text>....

I guess that if there is a wrapper tag then you could still use your system or simply put a <tm;0> in the end tag of the wrapper.
    Something like:
    <section><h1>header one</h1>
    <text>some text
    </text></section>
    <section><h1>header two</h1>

Which makes me think that if there is no wrapper tag then probably the easiest solution would be to transform the incoming instance in order to put a fake wrapper <section> tag
    (and if you need to export things back out, use an outgoing transform to strip the fake wrapper tag)

Children
No Data