Unicode 2010

If you google Unicode x2010 it says it is a "hyphen".

In the xcs default file x2010 is linked to a "thin centered rule" which is longer and sits higher from the baseline than a hyphen (and outputs from the old MathematicalPi-One font installed by XPP).

I need this to output a hyphen (and really don't want to transform it) - and ideas or solutions?

emoji
Parents
  • Sorry for tuning in rather late on this subject, but I would like to point out that when you work with XML data the xcs spec does not play a big role. XPP is now fully unicode based system, so it does not have to look in the XCS spec to find unicode character x2010. Changing something in the XCS spec will not have any effect on how XPP will see that character when you import it.
    If you want to output the correct character (a hyphen in your case), all you have to do is to have the proper font set up.
    And Chris you know how to do this:-)

BTW: you are right that in the XCS spec as delivered for the moment unicode x2010 is tied to XCS character x34D with the name thn_ctrd_rul - ascii code |L- but I guess that this is there for historic reasons. Whether that was correct or not is open for debate.

emoji
  • Sorry for tuning in rather late on this subject, but I would like to point out that when you work with XML data the xcs spec does not play a big role. XPP is now fully unicode based system, so it does not have to look in the XCS spec to find unicode character x2010. Changing something in the XCS spec will not have any effect on how XPP will see that character when you import it.
    If you want to output the correct character (a hyphen in your case), all you have to do is to have the proper font set up.
    And Chris you know how to do this:-)

BTW: you are right that in the XCS spec as delivered for the moment unicode x2010 is tied to XCS character x34D with the name thn_ctrd_rul - ascii code |L- but I guess that this is there for historic reasons. Whether that was correct or not is open for debate.

emoji
Children
No Data