Question re: Configuring a Tomcat client application to interact with Contenta

Our environment has an existing Contenta server on UNIX, already in use by existing client applications.   Those current applications (windows & unix) are *NOT* Tomcat-based today.

A new J2EE application is under development, which *will* be setup in our existing Tomcat farm, and this new application will need to be able to interact with the same back-end Contenta server.   This Tomcat farm has a standard architecture of front-end HTTPD load-balancers on standalone hosts, linked to the Tomcat application servers on their own hosts, via mod_jk.

I'm having trouble getting clear requirements as to what is needed to allow the new Tomcat application(s) to communicate with Contenta.   Some information I've been given says there's an API or package that needs to be installed on the Tomcat hosts, but I've yet to find the details on that.    Diagrams would be helpful, if I could find them.

If anyone can give me some quick pointers, that would help us get to a solution more quickly.    Right now there's a lot of confusion from our Contenta folks who are not very familiar with Tomcat.

Thanks so much!

JC

emoji
  • Hello James,

Although some of those in this XPP Community also have Contenta Servers that publish to XPP, it's not clear this will be the fastest way for you to get the information you're looking for. I can immediately point you to the publicly available documentation for Contenta here: RWS Documentation but if the installation doc in that area doesn't have what you're looking for, please send me a direct email, including the following information: Your customer site name (and site code if you know it), Contenta version; and if you are using Contenta S1000D, that version as well. With that info I will get you in touch with someone who can help. 

Regards,

Jennifer Goodman, XPP Product Manager
    JGoodman @ rws.com

emoji