Contenta XPP Publish to PDF with no Graphics

Hello,

After I tried publish to PDF using XPP in Contenta, it published a PDF but there are no graphic in it. I checked the log and everything seems fine. Also checked the graphics folder and the graphic is there, but in the PDF it showing no graphic, any suggestions?

emoji
Parents
  • You didn't mention if the Contenta Server and the XPP Server were the same machines nor any information about what version of Contenta and XPP you are using.

In any case, a few possibilities that I can think of:

• The XYV_EXECS/sys/config/_im_config.sde (Graphics Config) spec is not properly set up on the XPP Server with a definition of the graphics library name and (folder) path.
    • The Graphics Config spec has a definition for the graphics library name, but the specified path is not correct for the XPP Server for properly accessing the graphics folder. For example, if XPP and Contenta are on different machines and the graphics library path specified is a local Drive path that is correct for the Contenta Server but not for the XPP Server, rather than specifying the path as an UNC path.
    • There are insufficient permissions on the graphics folder for access by XPP, either for the account running XPP Web Services if that is being used or for the account running Contenta if the Publish is directly running XPP. For example, if UNC (network) paths are being used then there are folder permissions on the local file system and share permissions on the UNC share and the most restrictive permission of the two is what will be the allowed permissions.
    • I'm assuming that the Contenta Publish is generating a (new) JOB each time. Perhaps the _jt_job.sde (Job Ticket) of the generated JOB in XPP does not have the proper graphics library name set into one of the Image Library Chase fields of the JT.

Those are some thoughts. If that doesn't get you any success, then I suggest that you open a Case with Support.

Jonathan Dagresta
    RWS Group/
    XPP Development

emoji
  • Jonathan,

I would like to clarify something that printing to PDF show some graphics, and some don't show up. 

Also I don't believe there should be permissions issue since both XPP and the Contenta Web servers are on 1 machine. And after published, I can see in XPP S1000D jobs folder that it generated a "graphics" folder, with the graphic I want it to be in the PDF.

emoji
  • No way I can troubleshoot that for you through this forum and that wouldn't be appropriate anyway as this forum is not meant to be a replacement for Tech Support.

You need to open a Case with Tech Support and provide your data and a lot more detail.

Jonathan Dagresta
    RWS Group/
    XPP Development

emoji
Reply Children
No Data