- fonts all showing Courier

XPP 9.2.2.0

I tried to load a new font to our XPP today and after answering yes to Update the font search path, I got the error "Error running 'makepres': Failed with error 1". Now, all of our fonts look bad when we open up any of our jobs. They were fine before doing the font copy to load the new font. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

emoji
Parents
  • And just to add to what might have happened.

The next things the Font Copy utility does after adding the font(s) to the psres area is that it effectively does a "change dir" to the XYV_EXECS/psres folder and then moves (not copies) PSres.upr to PSres.bak and then it runs the XYV_EXECS/bin/makepsres program that's responsible for recreating the PSres.upr file (in that same folder).

It sounds like the error that happened prevented that program from recreating the PSres.upr file. Bart could be right that it had something to do with the new font you added, or it could have been some kind of permissions problem. You may need to get to a command prompt (at the XYV_EXECS/psres folder) and manually recreate those last steps that the Font Copy utility does in order to get more feedback as to what was the problem that occurred.

In any case I just wanted to point out that if you only move the PSres.bak file back to PSres.upr be aware that the PSres.upr file will not have references to the new font you added.

emoji
  • And just to add to what might have happened.

The next things the Font Copy utility does after adding the font(s) to the psres area is that it effectively does a "change dir" to the XYV_EXECS/psres folder and then moves (not copies) PSres.upr to PSres.bak and then it runs the XYV_EXECS/bin/makepsres program that's responsible for recreating the PSres.upr file (in that same folder).

It sounds like the error that happened prevented that program from recreating the PSres.upr file. Bart could be right that it had something to do with the new font you added, or it could have been some kind of permissions problem. You may need to get to a command prompt (at the XYV_EXECS/psres folder) and manually recreate those last steps that the Font Copy utility does in order to get more feedback as to what was the problem that occurred.

In any case I just wanted to point out that if you only move the PSres.bak file back to PSres.upr be aware that the PSres.upr file will not have references to the new font you added.

emoji
Children