Where do I find the template designer for creating custom invoices?

Where do I find the template designer for creating custom invoices?

Parents Reply
  • Hello, Andreas,

Thank you very much for detailed answer. Of course, it's not pleasant to hear that, but that's healthy critics, and actually other TBM users say that from time to time. Being a developer of this tool for a few years, maybe I'm too much caught up by own vision. Crowded UI, from one side, and flexibility from other.

However, you say that it wasn't easy to find where templates are. Ok. But, if to check this article, which is one of the first in the manual:

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/business-manager/w/wiki/4761/program-structure-and-navigation

Doesn't it answer the question? Also, templates are stored not in Reports > Reports, but in Reports > Reports and templates.

To create invoice templates, the same engine is used as to create custom reports. So it was decided to combine these things into one view, because the process of working with the is absolutely the same.

Underlining, may I ask to extract few main points which you find extremely difficult in this application?

The thing is that absolutely new TBM is in development now. While main parts and logic will remain the same, it will be absolutely new application, with many different and changed things (for example, file management will be completely new). One of main parts is to make the whole UI more clear and simple to understand without reading documentation. Of course, up to some extent, as the application is pretty complex (thus it can't be simple everywhere).

Children
No Data