BM suddenly requires password

Hi there,

justed wanted to start my installation of BM 5.3.30 as usual but the program today wants to know a password. I never set one and the program just started.

The user "Admin" is prefilled and I tried it with password User@TBM as stated in your manual. But it is not accepted.

I did not set a password yesterday, when I used my paid and activated license the last time. I tried a restart of my computer because after 3 times the wrong credentials, BM just closes down.

Please help quickly!

Thanks,

Holger

Parents
  • Hello, Holger,

Are you sure that you did not rename Admin user (from the Other/tools - Users table)? Or maybe you type it from lowercase (user names and passwords are case sensitive)?

Because I'm fully sure that there is no any probability than BM will start requiring a password. When application starts, it tries to automatically logon as Admin with empty password, and if this does not work, it displays logon window.

• Hello Eugene,

thank you for your reply.

Now that you ask me, I might have changed or added a user name in Other/tools - Users table.

Unfortunately, I cannot get the progam started anyway because I'm not sure how exactly this user was named. Also, I'm not sure if I added a user or if I changed the name of the "Admin" user.
    Anyway, I didn't set a password for this user.

I now tried a couple of possibilities in order to "Log in" but non of them worked, i.e. I tried possible users (in fact there are only 2 possibilities) and I tried them without password and with the password User@TBM.

Is there any possibility to get the program started despite of this?

Even if this might be my mistake, I don't understand - when I change or add a user - why the program doesn't return a message stating "you'll need the user and password next time you start me"?

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Holger

• Hello Eugene,

thank you for your reply.

Now that you ask me, I might have changed or added a user name in Other/tools - Users table.

Unfortunately, I cannot get the progam started anyway because I'm not sure how exactly this user was named. Also, I'm not sure if I added a user or if I changed the name of the "Admin" user.
    Anyway, I didn't set a password for this user.

I now tried a couple of possibilities in order to "Log in" but non of them worked, i.e. I tried possible users (in fact there are only 2 possibilities) and I tried them without password and with the password User@TBM.

Is there any possibility to get the program started despite of this?

Even if this might be my mistake, I don't understand - when I change or add a user - why the program doesn't return a message stating "you'll need the user and password next time you start me"?

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Holger

Children