How to add more than one tax to "Other expenses"

I'm trying to add an expense that has two taxes applied (VAT and a percentage deduction). Both types are listed in Reference Data and work perfectly for jobs, invoices, etc.

But I can only add one type of tax to an expense. I've tried to add a second one via the Data entry form layouts (I've cloned Expense_DetailView) but in the Layout Items there's only one Tax (tax) in Field Names, and when I simply add the "Tax" and "Tax amount" fields twice, only one of them works as expected.

Am I missing something or are expenses limited to one tax field only?

Thanks,

Emma

See this screenshot for what I tried to do Expense_DetailView

Screenshot of Trados Studio's Expense_DetailView layout customization interface showing the layout tree with multiple 'Tax' and 'Tax amount' fields added under the 'Amounts' group.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 6:10 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  • Hi Eugene, I've now added the second tax field to , but it's not working as I expected. 

In invoices, I add VAT (21%) and subtract a witholding (15%). Both apply to the gross total sum. So an invoice for €30 is plus €6.30 for VAT and minus €4.50 for the witholding. Net amount due: €31.80. This works perfectly.

In expenses, I'd like to do the same, but in the screenshot, you can see that the second 15% tax is being applied to the result of €30 plus VAT (€36.30), not to the original gross amount. So the result (€30.85) is incorrect.

Am I doing something wrong?
    Thanks,

Emma

In the screenshot below,
    "Net amount" in green comes from the field: "Net amount (Decimal)", although I understand this as the gross amount, before any taxes are applied.
    "Final amount" in green comes from the field: "Amount (Decimal)", although I understand this as the net amount, after all taxes have been applied.
    Screenshot of Trados Studio's 'Other expense' form showing incorrect tax calculation. VAT at 21% is added correctly, but the second tax, withholding at 15%, is incorrectly applied to the amount including VAT instead of the original gross amount.

Screenshot of Trados Studio's layout configuration for 'Other expense' showing the fields for 'Tax', 'Tax amount', 'Tax2', 'Tax 2 amount', 'Net amount', and 'Final amount'. No visible errors or warnings are present.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 6:11 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Children