TBM V. 6 - Creating a Quote using Customer/Price list

Good evening!

I'm running TBM, V. 6 + Trados Studio 2022. All I need to do is a Quote from several .docx, .xlms, .pptx, .pdf files already translated using Trados Live+Trados Studio 2022, based on a customer/price list successfully created on TBM V.6.

How can I create a Quote using the source files + price list = Correct pricing for that customer

It looks quite simple, I've followed the basic tutorials but the calculation is not generated. Any hint would be really appreciated, thanks in advance!

Maria José

emoji
  • Hi Maria,

I'm not sure what to answer. Few points to confirm:

- Price list is attached to a customer and selected as default?

- When you manually create a job or quote in TBM, and select service type, does it pick up price correctly? Or issue happens only when you generate quote from Studio?

I just retested here and prices work correctly. With clean database, here is what I did:

1. Create a customer.
    2. Create global default (Default check box is checked) price list. Add there Translation service, empty language pair, empty fuzzy type, select some currency and provide price.
    3. Create quote from Studio, with selecting that one customer and same currency. Prices are there.
    emoji
  • Hi again Eugene,

Customer and price list are ok. But it seems TBM does not connect the price list to the files to be quoted, therefore no calculation is done by TBM...

I wonder if I should deactivate and activate again by TBM, and start from the scratch. Please provide your advise.  In the meantime, I'm back to old Excel, using the price list parameters that I've built on TBM together with the file report taken from Trados Live...

Thanks in advance for your help.

emoji
  • Hi Maria,

Starting from scratch won't help. Price lists must be confogured correctly to work. Before going into Studio integration, I suggest to do the following.

1. Reference data - Price lists. Create some simple price list with simple data. Like this:
      Screenshot of Trados Studio showing a price list with two services: Translation and Proofreading, with respective rates and currency in USD.
      So you have only service, currency and rate itself.
    2. Open your customer and add price list to that customer. Confirm that Default checkbox is selected:
      Screenshot of Trados Studio client profile for 'Capital Languages' with the 'Price-lists' tab open, showing a default price list linked to the client.
    3. Create empty quote, select customer, add one task manually, select service which exists in your price list. If all configured correctly, price should be picked up from the price list. If it work, then it should work for quotes imported from Studio as well.

Can yuo plese try?

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 6:18 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]