Automatic creation of project and jobs when there is more than one language pair

Hello

I would like to ask if there is a way or possibility in the future to have projects and jobs for more than one language pair created automatically?

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing a quote items list with service type, description, file name, language pair, quantity, unit, price, and amount for translation services.

Screenshot of Trados Studio displaying translation projects with CAT, status, payment status, project ID, deadline, client, job name, language pair, specialization, services list, and amount.
On the screenshot we can see that in the case of automatic creation the amount and number of pages was taken from the quote item. And this suits us very well, because we later change the file analysis to another by copying the jobs to see (due) and on their basis we make an invoice.

In the screenshot below, I created a project and jobs using "create new" as usual, as you can see the figures from the valuation did not get downloaded.
Is there any other way to create a project so that it automatically takes the values from the valuation?

Screenshot of Trados Studio with an empty translation jobs list, indicating no projects or jobs currently created or assigned.

Screenshot of Trados Studio's 'Add Translation project' interface with fields for status, client, specialization, author, notes, and a highlighted base quote reference.

Screenshot of Trados Studio's 'Edit Translation project' interface showing a single job with status processing, not invoiced, project ID, license ID, deadline, client, job name, language pair, specialization, services list, and zero amounts.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 6:19 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Hello, Magdalena,

I think we can consider it as bug, or feature. Indeed, when you create empty project (even from a quote form), application just creates an empty project. As I see, two functionalities are needed here:

• when you select a quote in translation project, application could ask if data from a quote should be loaded into a project;
    • when you create an empty project from a quote, it should automatically fill data, including job creation based on languages and quantities from quote items.

For now, then only way to load data from a quote into a project is to switch quote status to Sent, and then click Accept a quote button.

emoji
  • Hello, Magdalena,

I think we can consider it as bug, or feature. Indeed, when you create empty project (even from a quote form), application just creates an empty project. As I see, two functionalities are needed here:

• when you select a quote in translation project, application could ask if data from a quote should be loaded into a project;
    • when you create an empty project from a quote, it should automatically fill data, including job creation based on languages and quantities from quote items.

For now, then only way to load data from a quote into a project is to switch quote status to Sent, and then click Accept a quote button.

emoji
Children
No Data