SDL Live doesn't update with the translation made in Studio

Hello,

SDL Live doesn't update with the translation that I made in Studio. I already translated about 10 segments in the Studio, but only the 1st segment is reflected in the Trados live. In fact, it tells there's an updated Cloud version (which is in fact some minutes older) in the cloud. So, it can't even tell which version is the most recent one. I hit 'refresh' button numerous times, but the translation done bin the Studio is still not reflected in the Trados live.This might sound stupid, but why don't you just add 'upload' button in the Studio so that all the translations done in the Studio will be immediately reflected in the Trados Live when the user hit the button?

Thanks

Parents Reply
  • Hi Steven,

I'd like to ask you something with regard to the the sync capability. Let's assume that someone is working on the Online Editor as a translator. And at the same time, I edit his translations in the Trados Studio (I shared my account details with him so that we can complete a project faster). So, if I make any changes to the existing translation in the Trados Studio, those changes would not be reflected in the online editor unless he refreshes his page or confirms those changes manually from the TM side pane, right?

In case he doesn't confirm the changes made, such changes made wouldn't be reflected in the Online Editor, right? And when it gets repeated in the subsequent segments, the translation populated automatically in the target segments would be the old version, right?

Sorry but I got this wrong idea that Trados live sync capabilities would work the same way like that in the online localization portal Cr*wdin. You don't need to do anything to confirm changes made in Trados Studio in the online editor because everything is connected to the cloud, so when you make changes one platform, it will be automatically reflected in the others (without having to confirm it manually). Please let me know if this is not the case.

Edit: On a related note, it's not possible to access (sign in) to online editor from two different computers at the same time (a translator and proofreader work simultaneously in Online Editor)?

Many thanks.

Verdi

Children