SDL Trados Live with Studio 2021

Good morning,

I cannot open a project made in Studio 2021 in Trados Live since the corresponding buttons are not editable (Open in Cloud) and also many buttons in Trados Live are not editable, such as the one to select the existing Translation Memories: is there something wrong with the path? Why does the program allow me to choose a file from my network but not an existing translation memory?

It seems there is no connection between Studio 2021 and Trados Live.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Parents
  • Hello ,

There are a few things to check here-

Are you logged in to Studio 2021 (desktop)?

Trados Studio ribbon with 'Contribute to project' button highlighted, indicating the option to upload to Trados Live.

When you created the project in Studio- did you ensure this was a cloud project and not a local project?

Trados Studio 'Projects' view showing 'New Cloud Project' option highlighted, with a list of projects and their statuses, such as 'In Progress' and 'Not Downloaded'.

Also, if as you say many features in Trados Live are not enabled, this might also suggest that you haven't accepted the Project yet.

It's always a good idea to post screenshots (from Studio Desktop and Trados Live-Projects and editor) so that we can see what might be the problem.

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 6:42 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • Hi Steven Wale, thank you for replying. Of course I logged in, please see the attached screenshot. The problem I have mainly when I created the project in the cloud, where many buttons are not editable such as the one from where I select the TM from the company network. For instance, I can select the file to translate from the company network, but not the TM nor the termbase. When am I wrong?

.Trados Studio screenshot showing a project creation window with an Access to SDL Language Cloud login prompt overlay, indicating the user is logged in.

Screenshot of Trados Studio cloud interface displaying a project with non-editable buttons for selecting Translation Memory and Termbase from the company network.

Thanks again for your cooperation! Regards Laura

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 6:42 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • Hello ,

Thanks for the screenshots - really useful.

From the first image (desktop) I can see that all the listed projects are local projects and cannot be opened in the cloud (this is a feature we are working on for the future)

To create projects that you wish to open and use in the cloud- you must use this option-

New Cloud Project

When you create a cloud project, you will see these have the cloud icon in Studio

Moving on to Trados Live- 

With the Freelance Live edition, you aren't able to connect to the client's remote server to access the TM/TB in real-time. This is only possible with collaboration editions.

If the client is sending you packages (PPX) with access to their remote resources, then you need to work with these locally.

Again this is functionality (working with PPX packages) that we are looking at to implement in the future.

_______

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 

• Hello ,

Thanks for the screenshots - really useful.

From the first image (desktop) I can see that all the listed projects are local projects and cannot be opened in the cloud (this is a feature we are working on for the future)

To create projects that you wish to open and use in the cloud- you must use this option-

New Cloud Project

When you create a cloud project, you will see these have the cloud icon in Studio

Moving on to Trados Live- 

With the Freelance Live edition, you aren't able to connect to the client's remote server to access the TM/TB in real-time. This is only possible with collaboration editions.

If the client is sending you packages (PPX) with access to their remote resources, then you need to work with these locally.

Again this is functionality (working with PPX packages) that we are looking at to implement in the future.

_______

Children