Termbase results do not appear

hi

I made sure I added TB into the translation engine, still TB results do not appear neither in live nor on studio. 

Screenshot of Trados Studio interface showing a translation project with a warning message 'No TermBase results here!' in the Term Recognition window.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 7:07 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  • Thank you for the video Abdullah - I think I know what is happening. I think you have put both the source and the target term into the same English field, rather than use the English field for the English term and the Arabic field for the Arabic term. If you complete your entry like this then it should work:

Trados Studio screenshot showing English term 'photo printer' incorrectly entered in both source and target fields.

Be aware, however, that the user interface above can be a bit awkward - as soon as you add the English term, the Arabic field disappears. To bring it back, click on Add Language -> Arabic in the top right corner for it to reappear:

Trados Studio interface with 'Add Language' dropdown menu open, 'Arabic' option highlighted to be selected.

Then the Arabic field will open and you can enter the Arabic term and press the check mark icon to save the complete entry.

Trados Studio screenshot displaying the correct entry with 'photo printer' in English field and its Arabic equivalent in Arabic field.

I hope this helps!

Daniel

Daniel Brockmann
    Team Trados @ RWS

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 7:08 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Children