Delete a file

How can I delete a file, and what's the difference with cancel?
Thank youuu

Cristina

emoji
Parents
  • Hello Cristina,

Deleting a file and cancelling are two different actions in Trados Studio.

Step 1: Deleting a file means you are removing it permanently from your project or the Trados Team/Trados Enterprise. This action cannot be undone. You can delete a file by selecting it and clicking on the 'Delete' button in the 'Files Tabs' under the Projects.

Step 2: Cancelling, on the other hand, typically refers to stopping an ongoing process or action. For example, if you are in the middle of importing a file into your project and you click 'Cancel', the import process will stop and the file will not be added to your project.

Remember, it's important to be sure before deleting any files as this action is permanent and cannot be reversed.

I hope this clarifies the difference for you. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello Cristina,

Deleting a file and cancelling are two different actions in Trados Studio.

Step 1: Deleting a file means you are removing it permanently from your project or the Trados Team/Trados Enterprise. This action cannot be undone. You can delete a file by selecting it and clicking on the 'Delete' button in the 'Files Tabs' under the Projects.

Step 2: Cancelling, on the other hand, typically refers to stopping an ongoing process or action. For example, if you are in the middle of importing a file into your project and you click 'Cancel', the import process will stop and the file will not be added to your project.

Remember, it's important to be sure before deleting any files as this action is permanent and cannot be reversed.

I hope this clarifies the difference for you. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children