Auto and manual saves stop updating files stored in the cloud project

Hi,

from time to time in Trados Studio 2022 (regardless of subsequent updates) I have a problem with some files for which the autosave function suddenly stops working. Manually saving the files then stops updating the project files stored in the cloud, and every time I click save I get the following message:

Synchronize changes pop-up in Trados Studio showing a conflict between the local version of file r12.docx and the version stored in the cloud, with options to overwrite the local version or not.

This is not only annoying, but also very dangerous, because if I accidentally restore an old version from the cloud I may lose a huge part of the translation, because in this particular case the problem occurred practically after translating a small part of the file. Every time I save the sobsequent phase of translation I need to be very careful to not restore the old version of the file. This is definetly a bug in the software. My cloud license and Trados Studio license are valid.

I would like to add only that the progress bar of the file on the file list is also not updated, because it stopped on the value that was last saved in the cloud. Is there any way to synchronize these two files: local and cloud?

Kind Regards,

Lech Lachowski

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 7:33 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  •   

Can I give you peace of mind that we understand the issue.
    It most certainly happens when a user saves the project process repeatedly. 

In fact other details in this matter include Files view statistics are not refreshed (already mentioned)  and the timestamp is not correctly seen and updated.

I am able to tell you that we are working on a fix (CRQ-37105) which will be released in a couple of months / next major release.

Perhaps what you can do to help keep "Projects" in order.

1. Go to Cloud project
    2. Cancel project file
    3. Re add your File based  100% completed SDLXLIFF to the project

*If you dont want to force it through your various workflow stages, till it shows as complete - perhaps mark it up as reference when adding it.

Glad it was mentioned so others can refer back to this post.

Lyds 

emoji
Children
No Data