There must be something I don't understand about this system.

There must be something I don't understand about this system. My usage says that I have used 163 % of my quotum and that I am going to be charged extra. But, in reality, I have not received even a single result back from the service. So, what am I actually paying for? For the time being, I have cancelled my subscription. I also got the impression that, whenever I re-import my sources files (which I do quite frequently), everything is, quite needlessly, being sent up yet again.

Parents Reply Children
  • Thank you, Paul and Radu.

Let's close this subject. Obviously, my way of working does not suit Language Cloud. The order in which I list my TMs is, 1) the TM for the particular job (which, by its very nature, is always empty, of course, when I start a new job)., 2) my Big Mama for the pair (with variants stipulated), 3) (only when there appear to be a lot of new terms), a cloud TM.

Secondly, I always pre-edit my files instead of post-editing them. The benefit of it is that the volume to be translated is often reduced by 10 - 20 %, also because there are very few tags. And post-editing is most of the time not more than extra spell-checking and adjusting the pagination here and there. But it does mean that, in the case of large jobs, files must often be reimported, if some formatting error has been overlooked that cannot be corrected by simply editing the source file with Trados.

Anyway, thanks again for your suggestions. Let's close the subject, so as not to waste your time.

Best regards,

AbdulRahiem