Missing tabs in Trados Studio 2021

Hello,

I have Trados Studio 2021 Freelance (SR2 16.2.12.9338) on two computers. Both have the latest version installed. On one computer, I have the following tabs at the top of the interface: File, Home, Revision, Advanced, Display, Plug-ins, and Help (I'm translating from the French interface so the names may differ slightly). But on the other computer I have only File, Home, Display, Plug-ins, and Help. The Revision and Advanced tabs are not visible.

Does anyone else have this problem? And ideas for a solution?

Much thanks in advance, Anna

emoji
Parents
  • Hi  

Typically the options on the Ribbon are in context of the view you happen to be in when working in Studio.

Example:

When in Editor view you see Review / Advanced, with the Home tab showing features that relate to the Editor view 

Screenshot of Trados Studio Editor view with Home tab active, showing options like Cut, Copy, Paste, and Batch Tasks.

Yet when you are in project view, you dont see Review/Advanced and the Home tab show features that relate to project management such as "New Project"

Screenshot of Trados Studio Project view with Home tab active, displaying options such as New Project, Open Project, and Batch Tasks.

Therefore its not strange you pick up on differences but it is dependent on what views you are comparing against.

That said, if you are comparing the same two views in Studio like the Home Tab for example... then it could be one of your instances has a custom ribbon as that is a feature that we support

Screenshot of Trados Studio Customize Ribbon window, listing various commands like Add New Translation and Batch Delete.

Looking forward to your clarification on what views are you comparing against and what you notice when looking at the custom Ribbon (which is also based on contextual view in Studio)
    First image being that of the Home View with the second below being of the Editor View

Screenshot of Trados Studio with an error icon on the Review tab in the Customize Ribbon window.

I hope this helps

Lyds

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 3:56 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • Hi  

Typically the options on the Ribbon are in context of the view you happen to be in when working in Studio.

Example:

When in Editor view you see Review / Advanced, with the Home tab showing features that relate to the Editor view 

Screenshot of Trados Studio Editor view with Home tab active, showing options like Cut, Copy, Paste, and Batch Tasks.

Yet when you are in project view, you dont see Review/Advanced and the Home tab show features that relate to project management such as "New Project"

Screenshot of Trados Studio Project view with Home tab active, displaying options such as New Project, Open Project, and Batch Tasks.

Therefore its not strange you pick up on differences but it is dependent on what views you are comparing against.

That said, if you are comparing the same two views in Studio like the Home Tab for example... then it could be one of your instances has a custom ribbon as that is a feature that we support

Screenshot of Trados Studio Customize Ribbon window, listing various commands like Add New Translation and Batch Delete.

Looking forward to your clarification on what views are you comparing against and what you notice when looking at the custom Ribbon (which is also based on contextual view in Studio)
    First image being that of the Home View with the second below being of the Editor View

Screenshot of Trados Studio with an error icon on the Review tab in the Customize Ribbon window.

I hope this helps

Lyds

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 3:56 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Children