How to translate greyed out menu options with Passolo

Hi there!

I am translating a small programe and it seems that the options that are greyed out in the menu do not appear as localizable in Passolo.

I have translated everything and these two do not appear. Is there any way I could get access to these? There are other options that are greyed out but that I can translate such as "Eliminar" in the same menu.

Screenshot of SubCreator software with greyed-out 'Undo' and 'Redo' options in the 'Editar' menu, indicating they are not selectable.

I have transated the same strings but they only appear as translatable when they are not greyed out.

Screenshot of Trados Studio with a list of localizable strings from SubCreator software, showing 'Undo' and 'Redo' options as translated into Spanish but marked as non-editable.

Could you please advise?

Cheers,

Jose

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 3:56 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • I don't see a problem at all. Menu resources imported from the software into Passolo are never grayed out. Disabling menu entries in a software (which grays them out) is a runtime function of the software itself and not related to Passolo. I don't speak Spanish, but isn't Undo=Deshacer and Redo=Rehacer? Both entries are shown in the menu editor.

In the end we all don't know how a running software is handling the resources at runtime, and it might happen that you properly translated everything, but at runtime the developer decided to take the strings from elsewhere. This is why I always evangelize, that software localization is a team effort that also involves the developers.

emoji
  • I don't see a problem at all. Menu resources imported from the software into Passolo are never grayed out. Disabling menu entries in a software (which grays them out) is a runtime function of the software itself and not related to Passolo. I don't speak Spanish, but isn't Undo=Deshacer and Redo=Rehacer? Both entries are shown in the menu editor.

In the end we all don't know how a running software is handling the resources at runtime, and it might happen that you properly translated everything, but at runtime the developer decided to take the strings from elsewhere. This is why I always evangelize, that software localization is a team effort that also involves the developers.

emoji
Children
No Data