Sell the license after a project?

Hello,

i´m not a translator and I also don´t work in this profession, but I have to translate a book as a project, and for this I need a CAT tool. SDL Trados Studio seems to be the right one, but the problem ist, that after this project is don, I will not need the SDL Trados Studio license any more. So it it officially possible to sell the license to an other user? Is it possible to transfer the license, after I have the project finished?!

Lg

Dmitrij

Parents Reply
  • I am in complete agreement with you Paul. It's not worth it for a single project. But I have the possibility to use Tanslation Memory from the translation of a book with a similar theme. I translated this book some time ago in the traditional way, with the help of Machine Translation, of course. But the main work was done by myself. Now I would like to try an experiment and translate a second book, but now with the help of the new possibilities offered by Google Translate V3. It is a book about palmistry. More precisely, about palm reading according to Vedic knowledge. So it's astrology, where you don't work with birth charts, but with the palms. The content of this book is a mixture of "technical" explanations and philosophical worldview. Therein lies the difficulty for Machine Translation. I would actually only do this experiment out of sporting interest. As I said, I am not a translator, but I find the subject of Machine Translation very interesting. I am clear that machine translation will never work like the mind of a human, because that is not possible in principle and will never be possible. So for me it's a kind of interesting gimmick.

Children