Scrapping old machine with new, what happens to licences?

After four uneventful and productive years with no need for support, my PC has reached the end of its useful life. My PC provider has offered to "clone" all content on to my new, nearly identical machine, where all capacities are doubled. Can I expect my current installations and licences for Studio 2021 and 2019 to work on the new machine, or must I do something?

emoji
Parents
  • Hi  

Ideally if you can, you need to deactivate your currently license before your PC gets scrapped.

But if you cant you can try self-rest by following these instructions 
    If you struggle, please update this post and I will get your post escalated to the licensing support team.

Once you are on your new machine, I suspect you will need to download Trados Studio again and most certainly reactivate it.
    You can find your downloads / license information from within your RWS Account.

Have a good day

Lyds

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Hello ! My computer had to be reset to the default settings. In my RWS account, the status of my license (SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance) is: in use. It has no expiry date. 

I reinstalled Trados Studio 2017, that it now a 30-day trial version! When I enter my activation code, I'm getting an error message saying that's impossible to connect with the activation servor. I tried twice to click on the Reset License in my RWS account, but I got an error message saying the reset failed.

What's the best solution?
    1- Get help from a RWS to have my license reset? If yes, how can I reach someone to get it done?
    2- Desactivate my license online? If I choose to desactivate my SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance license online, are you 100% sure that it will be possible to reactivate that license afterwards? If yes, what steps will be required?

Thank you for your help.

MB

emoji
  • Hello ! My computer had to be reset to the default settings. In my RWS account, the status of my license (SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance) is: in use. It has no expiry date. 

I reinstalled Trados Studio 2017, that it now a 30-day trial version! When I enter my activation code, I'm getting an error message saying that's impossible to connect with the activation servor. I tried twice to click on the Reset License in my RWS account, but I got an error message saying the reset failed.

What's the best solution?
    1- Get help from a RWS to have my license reset? If yes, how can I reach someone to get it done?
    2- Desactivate my license online? If I choose to desactivate my SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance license online, are you 100% sure that it will be possible to reactivate that license afterwards? If yes, what steps will be required?

Thank you for your help.

MB

emoji
Children