My License 2017 but I don't know where to find the "Activation code"

I have a 2017 license that appears in the list of licenses as "available".

I have tried absolutely everything that is suggested in the support networks. Finally, I clicked on "download".

When I try to open it, a window appears with "Online Activation" and prompts me to enter an activation code. Where do I find the activation code ??

I need my license back. It was deactivated two years ago when an IT Tech wiped it out of my computer after I had a trojan infecting my computer.

Since then, I sent a message to your team and the answer was that the license code was reset and that I shouldn't have problems reactivating it.
Here I am, practically a year later and I'm still in the same position. Unable to access the SDL Trados 2017.
emoji
Parents Reply
  •   

I think two things actually.  First I tried the KB to see if that would help.  But if it doesn't then I'm wondering if you still use W7 so you also have an old OS as well as old Trados.    In the context of Windows 7, Microsoft has officially ended support for this operating system as of January 14, 2020.  This means that it no longer receives software updates, including security patches.  We already know that as time passed newer versions of SSL/TLS are not supported on Windows 7, leading to potential security risks and compatibility issues with websites and applications that require a secure connection.  Trados Studio requires this for the licensing.

Maybe that helps?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children