"Unable to find the specified file" error when trying to open a Termbase from Trados Studio 2022

Hi,

I get the following error message "Unable to find the specified file" when trying to open a Termbase from Trados Studio 2022.

The term bases are fine when opened separately in Multiterm, but Studio refuses to open them (or even create a new one for that matter).

Both Studio and Multiterm 2022 are up to date.

Can anyone please help?

Many thanks in advance!

Cleo

emoji
Parents
  • Hello Cleo,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble opening a Termbase from Trados Studio 2022. Here are some steps you can follow to resolve this issue:

Step 1: Ensure that your Windows OS is up to date. You can do this by typing "Check for updates" in the Windows Search bar and selecting the option when it appears. Install any pending updates and restart your computer. Repeat these steps if necessary.

Step 2: Try repairing your Trados Studio and MultiTerm installations from the Control Panel. This process can help resolve any underlying issues that might be causing the problem.

Step 3: If the issue persists, consider changing the folder name or file path where the termbase is saved to something simpler, without special characters. This can sometimes resolve issues related to file access and recognition.

If you're still experiencing difficulties after following these steps, please don't hesitate to ask for further assistance. I'm here to help!

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
  • Hello Cleo,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble opening a Termbase from Trados Studio 2022. Here are some steps you can follow to resolve this issue:

Step 1: Ensure that your Windows OS is up to date. You can do this by typing "Check for updates" in the Windows Search bar and selecting the option when it appears. Install any pending updates and restart your computer. Repeat these steps if necessary.

Step 2: Try repairing your Trados Studio and MultiTerm installations from the Control Panel. This process can help resolve any underlying issues that might be causing the problem.

Step 3: If the issue persists, consider changing the folder name or file path where the termbase is saved to something simpler, without special characters. This can sometimes resolve issues related to file access and recognition.

If you're still experiencing difficulties after following these steps, please don't hesitate to ask for further assistance. I'm here to help!

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
Children