"Unable to find the specified file" error when trying to open a Termbase from Trados Studio 2022

Hi,

I get the following error message "Unable to find the specified file" when trying to open a Termbase from Trados Studio 2022.

The term bases are fine when opened separately in Multiterm, but Studio refuses to open them (or even create a new one for that matter).

Both Studio and Multiterm 2022 are up to date.

Can anyone please help?

Many thanks in advance!

Cleo

emoji
Parents
  • Hi Cleo, I got the exact same issue. My termbases have always been saved in the same place, and I suddenly got the error message. Could you leave here a note when you solve the issue please? It'd be so much appreciated!!! Thank you !!!

emoji
  • Hi all, apologies about the late reply, I've been working away a lot.

So yes I did finally manage to sort this issue out. Trados did not recognise the folder anymore (the termbases opened fine straight from the standalone Multiterm app).

It was ultimately a case of Trados not communicating with the folder the termbases were kept in.

I did initially try to move the subfolder containing the termbases within the same folder to a different subfolder, but this didn't work.

As I am running Parallels, I moved the folder to the Windows side only. This worked (which is strange, as all my TMs and work files are also in my shared Mac folder, and communicate with Trados absolutely fine).

It's still a mystery why the communication stopped out of the blue after using the same set-up for years, but this solution worked anyways.

This is now my new set-up, which is not a big thing at all in terms of workflow (just create the path to open the termbases from the new folder).

I hope this helps! Slight smile

emoji
  • Hi all, apologies about the late reply, I've been working away a lot.

So yes I did finally manage to sort this issue out. Trados did not recognise the folder anymore (the termbases opened fine straight from the standalone Multiterm app).

It was ultimately a case of Trados not communicating with the folder the termbases were kept in.

I did initially try to move the subfolder containing the termbases within the same folder to a different subfolder, but this didn't work.

As I am running Parallels, I moved the folder to the Windows side only. This worked (which is strange, as all my TMs and work files are also in my shared Mac folder, and communicate with Trados absolutely fine).

It's still a mystery why the communication stopped out of the blue after using the same set-up for years, but this solution worked anyways.

This is now my new set-up, which is not a big thing at all in terms of workflow (just create the path to open the termbases from the new folder).

I hope this helps! Slight smile

emoji
Children