Term recognition doesn't work

I recently purchased Trados Studio 2022/2024 Freelance and installed the programs on a new computer running Windows 11. Term recognition doesn't work. I found lots of discussion about the issue and tried the suggested solutions (e.g., repairing, changing the name of folder). Nothing has helped. I also installed the 2019 version, which works on my old laptop, but not on my new computer. Has a solution has been found in the meantime?

emoji
Parents
  • This is my first time working with Windows 11 and Trados. I'm not sure whether the programs were installed as administrator. I installed the programs in the wrong order, but did the repairs. The message in the Term recognition window is "No results available". I spent two hours with a Trados expert who used to work for the company, and we tried many many things including uninstalling/reinstalling the programs, reorganizing the termbase, exporting the termbase and creating a new termbase. I can't remember everything. I've been working with Trados since the Workbench days.

emoji
  •  

Again, this is strange. Trados works with no problems on Windows 11 machines. Please try the following:

• Copy the installer for Studio and MultiTerm on your desktop
    • Right click the installer of Trados Studio and chose "Run as admin"
    • When the installation finishes (you do not need to uninstall anything, just run the installer this way again) do the same with MultiTerm

In your project check the language names. The best way is to use the English GUI in all Trados programs and the English names for languages in your termbases. For example if your project is Deutsch into Polnisch, but your termbase says German into Polish, the term recognition wll fail.

emoji
  •  

Again, this is strange. Trados works with no problems on Windows 11 machines. Please try the following:

• Copy the installer for Studio and MultiTerm on your desktop
    • Right click the installer of Trados Studio and chose "Run as admin"
    • When the installation finishes (you do not need to uninstall anything, just run the installer this way again) do the same with MultiTerm

In your project check the language names. The best way is to use the English GUI in all Trados programs and the English names for languages in your termbases. For example if your project is Deutsch into Polnisch, but your termbase says German into Polish, the term recognition wll fail.

emoji
Children