Cannot deactivate Trados 2024 perpetual license

Hello team,

I have Trados Studio 2024 Freelance (perpetual license) and I work between my office and home PCs, so I need to use Trados from both computers.

I purchased it in August but only these days started working with it. I deactivated it from the work PC (I think it was the first time I deactivated it) and activated it on the home PC. I need to have Trados on both PCs deactivated so I can activate it wherever I am when a task comes up.

So, I tried to deactivate it from home PC and I couldn't, an error comes up saying "An error occurred while retrieving your license. Error ID: 125. Open connection settings?"

Since I cannot use Trados from 2 PCs, I think I'll have to need the deactivation/activation feature often and the reset license option would not be a solution since it can be done only 3x/year. 

This issue represents a real problem for me, especially with tasks with tight deadlines.

What should I do so that I can deactivate/activate as many times as my circumstances require so? I had the subscription before, this all worked wonderfully.

Thank you in advance, Erina

Trados Studio 2024 Product Activation window with tabs for Perpetual License and Subscription. A pop-up error message reads 'Deactivation failed. An error occurred while retrieving your license. Error ID: 125. Open connection settings?' with Yes and No buttons.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 7:26 AM (GMT 1) on 23 Oct 2024]
emoji