Which method/property call is necessary to get to the source language for a given project?

I may well be wrong, but searching the documentation for "source language" doesn't seem to yield a call or route to get to the source language for a project without having to call a lot of other things.

Let's assume that I have a .tbulic file ABC with source language X and target language Y, I want to export a glossary from this .tbulic, the naming convention I wanted to use was ABC[n]_X_Y.glo. The macro works fine, but I just can't figure out how to read out the value for X.

Perhaps this question stems from a fundemental misunderstanding of Passolo but why does the PslLanguages object only include the target languages?

Do I have to instantiate a PslSourceList from PslSourceLists (via PslProject) and then access PslSourceList.LangID to then convert this to the LangCode using PassoloApp.GetLangCode just to get the source language?

emoji
Parents
  • Yes, there might be a fundamental misunderstanding of the data structure of the project repository and the way how we handle the data. A PslProject doesn’t have a source language, but each source list PslSourceList has a language.

There are still some customers with quite distributed development teams, where one team is creating English source files while another team maybe creates German source files. Passolo doesn't force users to set one single source language.

Passolo allows to insert them all into one project, translating them into the other source language and of course other target languages.

So the described way to go via PslProject, PslSourceLists, then accessing a list and its language is correct.

emoji
  • Yes, there might be a fundamental misunderstanding of the data structure of the project repository and the way how we handle the data. A PslProject doesn’t have a source language, but each source list PslSourceList has a language.

There are still some customers with quite distributed development teams, where one team is creating English source files while another team maybe creates German source files. Passolo doesn't force users to set one single source language.

Passolo allows to insert them all into one project, translating them into the other source language and of course other target languages.

So the described way to go via PslProject, PslSourceLists, then accessing a list and its language is correct.

emoji
Children
No Data