Replacing periods automatically when I use Translating Replicants function?

We use Passolo 2016.

When I say "Yes" in the Translating Replicants dialog to apply the same translation for the other identical strings in the project, it seems that Passolo replaces Japanese periods (。) with English periods (.) automatically. I thought maybe this is some Auto Correct function, but I did not find any Auto Correct function in Passolo. Is this a bug?

Thanks and regards,

Satoe

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi,

Just for an additional information (mostly for me, so that I can find this information in the future...) .

For languages that do not use the same punctuation marks as in the source languages, you need to deactivate the option "Transfer these characters at beginning and end of a source string to translation" in File --> Options --> Translation Helpers --> Pre-Translation as well. Otherwise, Passolo inserts unwanted punctuation marks when you have it pre-translate the strings!!!

@Passolo development
    It would be good if this option is NOT activated by default. Ideal would be - Passolo detects the source and target language and identify if both languages use or do not use the same punctuation marks. And it activates or deactivates this option depending on that.

Satoe