Q: Best Practice when changed IDs in MFC project?

Hello group, 

due to unhappy circumstances I had to renumber my ids in my resources (MFC with VS2015). The renumbered ids are approcimately 400-500 ressource values (all kind of ressources). 

Now I'd like to know what is the best practice to get the already translated resources (100%) back in PASSOLO2016 after update my string list in my project? 

Kind regards 

Alexander

Parents Reply Children
  • Hello Achim,
    I 1st tested the English language. In this language I'm able to check if the translation is in the correct direction. But I'm also not able to validate all translations.
    I tested the leverage in the way you told. There was approx. 10 strings translated. Afterwards I used leverage without the resource ID and got further 40 translations.
    The rest of the pre-translation I made with opened the copy of may project (100% translated) and made the auto translation (F8). Unfortunately my comments in the sources of may projects are missing.
    BTW: Attached you'll find the change report. I'm able to create a mapping of the changed IDs if this would be helpful.

PASSOLO Report01.pdf

I also tested the "Allignment" function. The result do not satisfy me: Too less strings are taken from target file. Just about 76% (pre)translated strings.