Is there a way to update/pretranslate only some source or translation lists by macro?

Hi,

in my workflow, I'm using a macro tor updating and leveraging the source string lists, filtering some strings and to update and pretranslate the target string lists afterwards.

Unfortunately, I didn't found a possibility to update and leverage the source lists as a collection - not by updating/leveraging each source list one by one instead of all source lists as a collection.
And I didn't found a possibility to update and pretranslate the target string lists - for a single language - as a collection instead of one by one, too.

Please be so kind to let me know, how updating, leveraging and pretranslating can be run as a single action by a macro instead of updating, laveraging and pretranslating each string list one by one.
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let me know.
Thank you very much in advance for your support.

Kind regards and have a nice day.
Nils

emoji
Parents Reply
  • Good morning ,

thank you very much for your reply and especially for your example coding.

I've been thinking about creating and using a collection of string lists, because RWS support mentioned during a support case: "The macro you use seems to perform the leverage on files one by one instead of running a single batch of files, this should be changed, if possible, to select all the files and run a single leverage action which should help again with performance."

If I understand your reply correctly, it should be "enough" (regarding especially the performance), to use the existing classes and objects from the Passolo object model and, for example, to run a

For Each TranslationList In project.TransLists
    	If TranslationList.Language.LangID = Language.LangID Then
    		TranslationList.Leverage(EnglishProject)
    	End If
    Next

if we only want to leverage or update some of the string lists. Or would it be better from your point of view, to use new collections in this case?

Best regards and have an easy day.
    Nils

emoji
Children