suggestion for improvement

sorry, automatic translation

Your program (Passolo 2022 - Demo) is currently only used to find translation errors.

Editing and saving are irrelevant.

Screenshot showing the title 'Demo Version 2022' and version number '22.0.207.0' with no visible errors.

For some entries, the line is unfortunately not displayed completely

so that you have to click on it individually.

This applies to long and multi-line texts.

Example:

Display too small (not complete)

Screenshot of a software interface with text fields and labels, some marked as 'Nicht vollstandig angezeigt' indicating incomplete display of text.

Would be complete for the first entry. (complete)

Screenshot of a software interface with various text fields and labels, no visible errors or warnings are present.

For me, the only important thing is the change report, what has changed from the last version

to the current one.

The report creation is often not very meaningful because long and multi-line texts

are cut off so that the change is not visible.

Example:

Display = no difference

Screenshot of a warning message in German, partially cut off, indicating files are in use by another process and cannot be unpacked.

The change has been made outside the viewing area.

Screenshot of a complete warning message in German, stating files are in use by another process and cannot be unpacked, with an option to unpack later.

You must therefore check the program later to see what has changed.

The space between the information and the border is also very large.

distance too long and too small (width/height)

Screenshot of a software interface with annotations in German, pointing out excessive spacing and suggesting that the display should be larger for long texts.

distances are also not adjusted

Play this video

No settings were found to make this smaller,

or to set up the page or to increase the columns to see everything.

Saving the report as Html only is also unusable for us.

These reports cannot be used in our forum as an attachment in a post because this format of this format is locked in advance as security

and therefore cannot be unlocked.

The reports then have to be laboriously converted with another program.

So far, only an output as PDF has proven to be a usable display.

Converted to *.xls(x) as a table = unusable

Other formats would therefore be helpful when saving.

I would appreciate a change to the things mentioned.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 11:13 AM (GMT 1) on 28 Aug 2024]
emoji
  • I have a few questions and comments. What does “sorry, automatic translation” mean? There are various functions in Passolo that allow automatic translation from internal project TMs, external Trados Studio TMs and even machine translation sources.

Yes, the translation list view was never developed to display the entire text, possibly also in larger fonts, and the vast majority of software texts have only one or a few lines, so they are always displayed in full. The Properties window is intended for translating and to fully display the text as it can be increases.

This brings me to the file to be translated, which in my opinion is not very translation-friendly. Instead of a whole formatted snippet of a web page, it would be easier and better if the individual text strings to be translated could be saved in variables and translated individually. This would also increase reuse. But sometimes this is not always possible.

With regard to the Update Reports, I cannot promise a quick enhancement for the time being. Only a few customers use the reports, most customers open the source lists and filter the changed or new text entries.

My solution approach here would be customer-specific automation. The project can be updated via the command line and a macro can run through all the source lists, find the changed or new text entries, and then save the required information in the format you require. Please note that using the CLI or macros will not work with the Demo Version.

emoji