Problem with IRIS PDF OCR support for st

Hello everyone! 

I downloaded the IRIS plug-in for Studio 2021, After downloading and installing it (with Trados closed), when I click on: Use IRIS technology for optical character recognition, I keep getting the message that I should download the IRIS plug-in from the App store. I tried restarting Trados many times and even restarted the computer. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plug-in many times too, but it doesn't seem to work. Sometimes I receive a message saying there was an error with IRIS and I might have a problem with the PDF files while using it, and after I uninstalled and reinstalled it for the last time, I did not receive an error message but I am still receiving the message that I should download IRIS from the app store!! 

When I tried to open a german PDF document, it was not recognised and all I received were two orange tabs in Editor with the file's name. 

I noticed that the plug-in does not support Arabic, so this may be the reason why I have this problem when opening Arabic PDF files. But it says that IRIS supports German, so I was wondering why the German file did not open and why do I keep receiving the notification that I should download the IRIS OCR technology from the app store although I already did? 

Please note that I tried doing this both in the general settings as well as in the project settings, I still get the same results. 

One more thing, would anyone know a plug-in that recognises Arabic characters? 

Thank you!

Parents
  • Hi ,

Thank you for the details.

After downloading and installing it (with Trados closed), when I click on: Use IRIS technology for optical character recognition, I keep getting the message that I should download the IRIS plug-in from the App store.

You get that notification regardless if you installed the plugin or not, when you click to mark the checkbox, no need to worry about it.

When I tried to open a german PDF document, it was not recognised and all I received were two orange tabs in Editor with the file's name. 

Please can you ensure you have not any filters set on your file?

Also, can you please clarify the following:

1. The exact version of Trados Studio you are running (Help About Trados Studio)

2. Which version of the plugin you have installed and whether you installed directly via the Trados AppStore integration, or via the AppStore direct ?

Thank you

Oana Nagy | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Hi ,

Thank you for the details.

After downloading and installing it (with Trados closed), when I click on: Use IRIS technology for optical character recognition, I keep getting the message that I should download the IRIS plug-in from the App store.

You get that notification regardless if you installed the plugin or not, when you click to mark the checkbox, no need to worry about it.

Please can you ensure you have not any filters set on your file?

Also, can you please clarify the following:

1. The exact version of Trados Studio you are running (Help About Trados Studio)

2. Which version of the plugin you have installed and whether you installed directly via the Trados AppStore integration, or via the AppStore direct ?

Thank you

Oana Nagy | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children