Studio 2022 - Cannot download apps

I have just installed Studio 2022 (Pro) for my translation company and am trying to install some apps. However whenever I click to download an app, I receive an error msg that says 'Download failed for XYZ app. Make sure you are signed in to Language Cloud.' When I click on 'Account Details' to check that I am indeed signed in as the Company, it says 'Cloud Sign In' at the top of the box, and the only buttons that I can click say 'Sign out' and 'OK' and 'Help', so I assume that I'm signed in. I've also tried to download the apps from a browser, where I have signed into the company's account, and in this case I receive the error message that I do not have an appropriate license, even though I can see in the 'Licenses' section that the company does have a valid Studio 2022 license. Any ideas? Thank you!

emoji
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi

What you describe sounds strange. The integrated AppStore in Studio 2022 shows only apps that are compatible with Studio 2022. If you don't find the plugin you are looking for, it means that it has not yet been approved and signed for 2022.

I suggest that you check your AppStore settings by clicking here:

They should look like this:

Check that there is no private AppStore checked, only the 'RWS AppStore' should be checked. 

I also suggest that you logout from the account you are currently logged in (in Studio, on the top right) and log in again to see whether this solves your problem. 
    You should not get any error message when you try to download and install one of the apps shown in your integrated AppStore. 

If all this fails, I suggest you delete your plugin folders and reinstall the plugins you need. from scratch. To do this, close Studio, delete the contents of the two folders shown below and restart Studio.

c:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\16\Plugins\Packages
    c:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\16\Plugins\Unpacked

emoji