Unable to use new AI capabilities

Hi all! So I upgraded to 2024 and was all excited with the idea of using the new AI capabilities. I opened an OpenAI acount, but when I try entering my API key in OpenAI Provider for Trados, I'm always getting a "Connection Failed" message with error code "-2146233088". That's as far as I could get. Any help fixing this would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

René

emoji
Parents
  • Hello René,

I understand you're having trouble connecting your OpenAI account with Trados Studio. Here are some steps you can follow to troubleshoot this issue:

Step 1: Ensure that you have the latest version of Trados Studio installed. You can check for updates within the application (Help > Check for updates). Please note that you will need administrator rights on your computer to install any pending updates.

Step 2: Uninstall the current version of the OpenAI Provider plug-in. You can do this under Add-Ins > RWS AppStore > Installed plug-ins.

Step 3: Download the latest version of the OpenAI Provider plug-in from the RWS AppStore.

Step 4: Install the new version by double-clicking on the installer you downloaded.

If the problem persists after following these steps, it's possible that there may be an issue with your OpenAI account or API key. Please ensure that your OpenAI account is active and that you've entered the correct API key in Trados Studio.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  •  

Via the OpenAI documentation that outlines some things to check, as well as other related community posts we suggest:

Check if you have a paid OpenAI API account; you should be able to confirm this from here. You can also check your API key that you created from here, and added this to the Model connection settings. For further assistance, review the log files: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Trados AppStore\AI Professional\Logs

Looking forward to your confirmation so we can get you up and running

Lyds

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Reply Children