Some bugs in DeepL plugin V2.2

Hi, I've tested the DeepL plugin in the last few weeks (since Version 1.9) and I'd like to report some bugs which, according to DeepL support, are related to the plugin itself. Maybe you have an idea how to solve them.

I've tested the language combination DE>EN with Version 2.2 of the plugin (most of the bugs also appeared in previous versions).

- parts of German words are not translated, especially Special characters like ä, ö and ü. The problem doesn't occur in the web translator

Screenshot showing partial translation error where German special characters like ' ' are not translated in Trados Studio using DeepL plugin.

Screenshot of Trados Studio with DeepL plugin error where text within angle brackets is incorrectly translated or not translated at all.

Screenshot depicting a translation issue in Trados Studio where some words are not translated by the DeepL plugin.

- several problems in combination with angle brackets

Screenshot illustrating additional tags and tag IDs being incorrectly added during translation in Trados Studio with DeepL plugin.

- some words not being translated

Screenshot displaying a translation error in Trados Studio where words with less than 3 characters are not translated using DeepL plugin.

- weird things happening in combination with (variable) tags (additional tags, tag IDs)

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing a translation error where special characters such as '%' cause issues with the DeepL plugin.

I created a test file, so you can reproduce the bugs:

test_2.docx

The following bugs that also occur pretranslating the test document with the DeepL plugin have already been logged by DeepL support:

- words with less than 3 characters not being translated

- Problems with special characters, such as %

- blank spaces not being added before square brackets

Maybe you can help me solve the problems or log a case to improve the plugin.

Kind regards,

Thilo

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 5:30 AM (GMT 0) on 6 Mar 2024]
emoji