DeepL "Start segment" bug

So, there's this known bug with DeepL plugin about start tag not having a matching tag etc. The same file can be successfully processed by MemoQ DeepL with only some errors (only several problematic segments are left unprocessed).

Is there a way to achieve the same in Trados? Whenever the bug appears, it leaves me with an empty file, which is a bit of a shame really, and clearly a shortcoming of the software.

If not, which easy-to-use-and-preferrably-integrated tag cleaners/cleaning features should I use, along with specific instructions, please?

Parents Reply
  • Jesus Paul, I am literally dumbfounded… I don't even know if I should start by 1) explaining to you that customers can and should have expectations (such as expecting a problem to be solved within a year from reporting), and have the right to be pissed if this is not happening; 2) enlightening you about the revelation DeepL has been in 2017 to the translation industry and how you probably should be interested in ensuring compatibility with the service; 3) clarifying the type of your affiliation with SDL or 4) explaining that the basic single PC Trados license cost me the equivalent of a monthly salary of a senior supermarket cashier in my country, and I shouldn't have to politely ask you for providing basic support, not to even mention expecting quick and no-nonsense solutions to the number of present issues with the software, including malfunctioning preview, malfunctioning shortcuts, malfunctioning PDF conversion, malfunctioning DeepL, mega-slowdowns of the interface when switching to WYSIWYG.

Children
No Data