Test file for DeepL Translation Provider tag errors

Hi everyone,

I think I'm not the first one coming across this problem with the DeepL Translation Provider plugin, but I've now managed to narrow down the issue.

I'm using the DeepL Plugin Version 3.5 with Studio 2017 SR1 CU11.

The following problem occurs: The DeepL Translation Provider plugin inserts tags as text in the Translation (note that the Tag-ID view is active):

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing the DeepL Translation Provider plugin error where alphanumeric tag IDs are inserted as text instead of tags in the translation.

This problem only occurs when the tag ID is alphanumerical. When the tag ID only contains numbers, the tags are inserted correctly into the translation.

Those alphanumeric tag IDs seem to occur only when converting a .doc file with the Microsoft Word 2000-2003 filter. When you convert it with the new Microsoft Word 97-2003 filter (ID: DOC v 2.0.0.0) the tag IDs are numeric.

Since we've come across a lot of doc files that can't be converted with the new filter, it would be great, if the DeepL plugin would also Support tags with alphanumeric IDs.

Do you think you can make this possible? :-)

Here are the test files (doc and the respective sdlxliff with the Microsoft Word 2000-2003 filter):

test_alphanumerische_tags_2.doc.sdlxliff.zip

test_alphanumerische_tags_2.doc

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 5:38 AM (GMT 0) on 6 Mar 2024]
emoji